The Operations Leadership Program (OLP) is an initiative to recruit Junior Officer Veterans and develop them into becoming core members of the TTM leadership team. The basis of the program is to build upon military leadership qualities and cultivate a broad professional experience that prepares individuals for management positions at one of our U.S. manufacturing facilities.
The OLP candidate will participate in a 2-year rotational program, developing operational leadership skills within Manufacturing, Quality, and Engineering. The OLP candidate will be coached and mentored by the site leadership team to be exposed to different cross-functional areas and to lead high priority projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in managing the assigned unit through effective selection, training, and evaluation of members and through effective delegation and follow-up of tasks.
- Assists with schedules and assigns work within the unit to regulate workflow and meet required schedules. Helps provide technical assistance and supervision throughout the unit.
- Works to identify problems and implement solutions in product, equipment, quality, safety and/or employee relations.
- Assists with conducting monthly toolbox safety meetings, attends supervisor safety meetings.
- Participates in current engineering projects, SPC statistical product controls, process improvement teams, and preventative maintenance (daily, weekly, and monthly).
- Responsible for machinery yearly calibrations, scheduling, PMs, audits, customer requests, ISO 9002, and safety.
- Assists with updating departmental procedures, sign off employees, and maintain training.
- Conducts FOD/5S Audits.
- Responsible for meeting department goals, corrective action, and department cleanliness.
- Ensures timely responses to all levels of management, including peers.
- Generates, accumulates, and handles hazardous wastes generated in daily operations, as directed by the Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager.
- Immediately communicates any safety or environmental concerns to management as well as recommendations for solutions
- Responsible for environmental, safety and general housekeeping of the department, for the adherence to the quality and continuous improvement policy of the department, for emergency response efforts and evacuation of building personnel, and responsible during an emergency.
- Responsibilities include the reporting of all accidents, near misses and safety concerns.
- Perform their job duties utilizing the required and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Full participation in safety training and the ability to understand and follow the directions identified in Job Safety Analysis (JSA), PPE Assessments, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and all Safety Procedures and alerts.
- Full participation and support in all Dupont Reviews. Ensure all necessary documents, files and employees records and information are protected and kept confidential.
- Facilitates and attends meetings (shift start, EHS, QRT, MRT, etc.), communicates regularly with managers and supervisors, suggests and composes procedural changes, attends special training, maintains a clean, safe work environment.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate technical data to Customers, Vendors, Management, and Technicians
- Ability to understand key metrics and maintain accountability for self and others.
- Able to make 80/20 decisions.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma experience is a plus. Blueprint reading is also a plus.
- Previous quality experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel 10% within the U.S.
- Works up to 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, and is flexible to work on weekends.
- Willingness to relocate during the program to gain experience at other TTM U.S. manufacturing facilities.
Education and Experience:
Education: Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, preferably in Engineering or Aerospace from a US Service Academy
Experience: Military Junior Officer with 4-6 years of service about to or recently separated from the Service. Operations leadership experience preferred.