OTIS has an outstanding development opportunity for experienced leaders to join our Field
Management Development Program.
As a field management associate (FMDP), you will participate in a comprehensive management development program combining office-based structured learning, computer-based modules, and on-the-job field and supervisory training over the course of 6 months. The extensive training program provides the tools to be successful in leading a team of field maintenance mechanics and the knowledge and mechanical expertise in the elevator trade. The training will position you to better understand Otis product offerings, as well as the support provided to a breadth of different customers we have.
The Field Management Associate will report to the service operations manager and/or branch manager in the respective location.
During training, the Field Management Associate is an individual contributor. Upon successful completion of the program, the incumbent will transition into a Field Maintenance Supervisor role, and will have route mechanics directly reporting to the role.
As a participant in the training program, you may be responsible for some of the following
- Supporting sales staff in estimating service orders, scheduling and executing orders, and investigating and resolving customer complaints
- Assist in the implementation of customer and company requirements for quality, performance reliability and passenger safety for projects under the direction of a Service Supervisor
- Fostering excellent communication among team members while maintaining good working relationships with your customers, peers, field supervisors, sales and branch managers, regional staff, and the local unions by communicating on an ongoing basis and in a positive and proactive manner.
Upon completion of the training, you will have responsibility for leading and directing the performance of field maintenance and contractual service operations. These positions are available in various locations across the United States, therefore, participants need to be mobile and open to different regions of the country. Areas of responsibility will include improving efficiencies, leading safety, managing callback rates and providing technical support; route control and scheduling; authorization of repair orders; quality assurance to Otis and the customer; managing the expenditure of
labor, materials and other assets.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering or relevant degree
- Demonstrated leadership, strong technical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Mandatory geographic mobility within the US prior and after the program
- Military experience is a plus as well as any construction related work experience
Prefer internship or co-op work experience, especially in any of the following areas: Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business
Special focus is placed on:
- Ensuring safety culture and performance by all of the salaried and field associates
- Complying with the Otis Code of Ethics and driving a culture that operates by the Code
- Creating an inclusive work environment that fosters high levels of employee engagement, employee development, and retention
- Ensuring a pay for performance culture where recognition of both individual and team performance exists
- Permanent US work authorization is required
We want to work with a person who is:
- A cultural fit who operates with a high degree of urgency, energy and integrity, and takes pride in their work and the company's success
- An incisive communicator
- Persistent, steadfast and upbeat in pursuit of goals
- Capable of thriving in an environment of constant change while keeping perspective and staying focused on long-term goals
- Energized by a job description that changes daily (whatever it takes to advance the ball), but will primarily be leading and collaborating to grow the customer base by focusing on service sales, field operations, customer satisfaction and general business management
- Intellectually curious and constantly learning in order to push the company to meet and exceed best practices
In addition to having an opportunity to join and assist in the success and growth of this organization, the role has a very competitive compensation package that includes an attractive base salary, with an annual incentive program during the training period. Otis’ Employee Scholar Program (ESP), recognized as one of the world’s most comprehensive employee education programs, is available after one year of employment, to cover tuition, fees and books at approved educational institutions. ESP provides opportunities for employees to expand their skills and knowledge throughout their
After assuming a full supervisory role, the compensation package includes opportunity to participate in a quarterly field supervisory incentive program and eligibility for a fleet vehicle.