The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of jobsite project controls duties including, but not limited to planning, scheduling and manhour forecasting. Depending on the size, execution strategy and contract deliverables this position maybe assigned to one large project or support multiple small projects.
Functional Areas of Responsibility
• Develops, updates, and maintains project schedules. On small projects, supports project management staff with updating and maintaining project schedules.
• Support weekly schedule update meetings with project team
• Support project team in issuing schedules, progress and commodity curves, basis of schedule, and histograms
• Performs resource loading and levelling
• Coordinates with the project team and/or subcontractors
• Performs schedule and progress analysis and make recommendations to the project team
• Assess impact of changes and deviations to the project schedule
• Assists in developing “what if” exercises and mitigation strategies
• Review the workhour forecast developed by the project team
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Scheduling - General
• Prepare schedules in support of project pursuits
• Support project teams in the following:
o Develop the baseline construction schedule outlining the sequence of work to be performed.
o Ensure that the schedule is updated periodically, based on change orders, field performance, availability of construction materials and similar factors that can impact the final completion date.
o Submit schedule updates to customer as required by the contract documents.
o Ensure Weekly Progress, Manpower & Commodity Curves are developed, updated and issued.
o Issue Weekly Schedule Analysis Report.
o Create detailed “Look Ahead” schedules and weekly updates as required.
• Ability to interface with the Austin project team to gather information in the development and weekly updates of the project schedule.
• Effective working relationships with customer, subcontractors, and suppliers
• Bachelor degree in a technical field preferred. Minimum one year field experience preferred.
• Read and interpret owner’s drawings and specifications to ensure accurate project schedule development
• Detail working knowledge of Primavera Scheduling Software
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Specific Success Factors
The 5 to 10 Behavioral Success Factors selected from Austin’s dictionary of Behavioral Success Factors that are most important in this position:
• Planning and Organizing
• Building Trust
• Decision Making