Are you looking to make an impact? The work you’ll do willdirectly impact the experience of our customers. We bring standardmethodologies out to the world to make people happier with our software, andjust as importantly, we bring the world's needs and wants back to Splunk tomake our software better. And we get the chance to see firsthand the phenomenalthings that our customers and partners do with Splunk.
Our Sr. Professional Services Consultants fuel solutions toensure enterprise deployments make the deepest impact possible across anorganization. You'll solve organizations’ most challenging problems, includingthe ones they didn't know existed. Splunkers are self-motivated and have aninsatiable thirst to learn disruptive technologies and thrive in a rapidlychanging environment. As a successful Splunk Consultant you will be adept atmastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic andtechnology backgrounds. Are you up for the challenge?
- The opportunity to drive complex deployments of Splunk whileworking side by side with the customers to resolve their unique problems.
- You will work with a team of incredibly talented anddedicated peers, all the way from the Field, Sales Engineering and CustomerSupport.
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to work with partners for maximumeffectiveness? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our talentthrough ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors helpboth sides of the equation.
- The ability to empower customers to take on the next wave ofquestions on their own.
- A chance to share business use cases and create innovativesolutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk.
- Good corporate citizen – two-way flow of relevant and timelyinformation; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment ofresources.
- A stable, respectful and collaborative work environment.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. Wewant you to enjoy your time outside of work too. Want to choose your hours? Noproblem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time andcommitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.
- BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering,finance or mathematics or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in technical consulting or big dataanalytics.
- Splunk certifications strongly preferred (preferably SCC1and SCC2)
- Passion. Our customers are just as passionate about Splunkas we are about the solutions we bring to them.
- Someone who can collaborate across the entire Splunkorganization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the rightsolution delivered and drive feature innovation captured from customer input.
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems;comfortable on the command line interface.
- Working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages(bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases and analyticaltools.
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen to technical andnon-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level partners.
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications(especially in the areas of security and finance).
- Not required, but a plus: statistical and analyticalmodeling.
- Travel to customer sites in/around the D.C. Beltway (thisposition could also be onsite with a local customer).
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing environmentwhile working independently and remotely from other members of your team andcorporate.
- Meaningful software industry experience in any of thefollowing: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, applicationdevelopment and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Security Clearance required (TS/SCI or higher).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or anyother applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which thecandidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locationswhere required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants witharrest and conviction records.