Draper, a technology and system development company, is seeking a Business Development manager in Cambridge MA to join Draper’s Space Systems Program Office. Business Development managers are accountable for the active development, pursuit and capture of opportunities that provide Draper civil space sponsors with innovative technical solutions.
The Business Development Manager will develop business capture strategies, support the program office Director on new business initiatives, identify and qualify business opportunities leading to proposal development and submission leading to contract award. The successful candidate will develop and maintain strong business relationships with the NASA, industry, and commercial spaceflight partners, establish and develop relationships with these organizations and lead proposal development efforts to transition game changing technologies. In addition, the successful candidate will lead high-caliber engineering teams in the execution of advanced development programs. The Business Development manager is an integral part of the Space Systems team, under the oversight of the Director, and supports all phases of program development.
This Business Development manager will be accountable to the Director of Space Systems in:
- Developing and maintaining capture plans that support business area growth targets, in alignment with our business strategy
- Developing product roadmaps
- Developing return on investment analysis for strategic pursuits
- Managing the development and execution of the business unit’s capture plans
- Preparing the quarterly capture management outlook briefing, detailing progress toward the annual targets.
- Responsible monthly updates of the orders forecast
- Identification and prioritization of internal investment initiatives supporting the business area’s strategic programs and product roadmaps
- Estimating annual bid and proposal (B&P) costs
The position requires the combination of outstanding technical expertise, interpersonal and organization insight needed for business development, and program management skills to plan complex programs. The ideal candidate possesses a strong engineering background, the ability to work with an engineering team to formulate offerings, and demonstrated success in value-centered business development. The candidate must have a Bachelor of Science with at least 20-years’ experience; a Master of Science or Ph.D. is desired. Prior civil space experience with NASA, industry, and/or commercial spaceflight organizations is required. The candidate must have excellent presentation and communication skills, a broad understanding of civil space contracting, and demonstrated skills in business capture.
Ability to travel up to 25% of time.
Security Requirement: Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.