Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: Regional Sales Manager - DHS
Location: Greater Washington, DC area
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
We are looking for an expert Enterprise Software Sales representative to focus on our Department of Homeland Security client at Splunk. You have sales experience in this vertical with a terrific reputation for overachieving quota while focusing on the customer. S/he should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against an account plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets.
This candidate will possess both a sales and sufficient technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with security analysts, software developers and IT architects. The candidate will be an especially strong and creative thinker who thrives in a multi-team environment and adopts all aspects of selling. S/he should be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Minimum 8+ years of sales experience
- 5 + years of direct enterprise software sales experience to federal customers a must
- 3+ years of current Federal Civilian sales experience a must; experience selling to the DHS and an understand if their mission is a huge plus!
- Technical acumen with the ability to relate it with business value
- Consistent track record of sales performance and knowledge of Federal sales
- Comfort with an enterprise and transactional sales model
- Experience and credibility selling at the CxO and senior sales business manager level
- Ability to forecast in Salesforce and handle sales expenses
- High intellect and the capacity to multi task
- Excellent qualifying and closing skills
- Business development, prospecting skills and ability to build strong partner relationships
- Experience selling Cloud solutions
Education: Got it!
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
Check us out!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.