NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
Eras are defined by accomplishments and victories. By those with the resourcefulness, the ingenuity, and the grit to help ensure that the next energy to power our dreams will be American Energy. If you have an interest in helping pave the way for America Energy Era, please review the job summary below.
Our Power Generation team is looking for a talented leader with a strong wind operations and asset management background to ensure overall equipment readiness and optimal equipment performance for our new and repowered sites. In addition to related experience, we are looking for an individual with demonstrated leadership abilities and excellent negotiation, communication, analytical, problem solving, technical and business/commercial skills. Ideal candidate will also have bachelors in engineering, MBA a plus. (Position will be based in Juno Beach, with approximately 20-25% travel.)
Leaders in this job are responsible for managing the overall safe and reliable operation of a large wind region consisting of multiple wind sites.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures compliance to all Power Generation Division (PGD) operational model processes
• Leads by example and emulates the PGD shared values
• Interfaces with community leaders, regulatory agencies, equipment manufacturers, and local government and community representatives
• Prepares budgets and forecasts for entire region
• Ensures that contractual obligations are met
• Leads collaboration teams and wind operations tactical teams
• Supports the development and execution of all PGD initiatives and aids in future planning and execution
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:7+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience:5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) is a leading clean energy company headquartered in Juno Beach, Florida. NextEra Energy owns two electric companies in Florida: Florida Power & Light Company, which serves more than five million customer accounts in Florida and is the largest rate-regulated electric utility in the United States as measured by retail electricity produced and sold; and Gulf Power Company, which serves more than 460,000 customers in eight counties throughout northwest Florida. NextEra Energy also owns a competitive energy business, NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, which, together with its affiliated entities, is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun and a world leader in battery storage.
Help us improve SACC by providing feedback about this job:
Report an issue