Alta Vista Solutions is seeking an Engineer Level I or Level II for ongoing infrastructure projects that require a Civil engineering background. The level of the position will depend on the experience & qualifications of the candidate.
The ideal candidate will perform engineering assignments in construction management, material engineering and inspection for transportation and other infrastructure projects; must possess a solid grasp of fundamental engineering principles and exercise sound technical judgment. Under the supervision of a Professional Engineer, this position will require solving problems of low to medium difficulties.
This individual will have the opportunity to ascertain professional certifications, certifying their technical knowledge in various engineering fields.
Some travel may be required.
- Preparing technical reports and daily inspection reports for review and approval by a licensed Professional Engineer
- Field inspection of structural materials such as cast-in-place, precast and pre-stressed concrete
- Analysis of inspected or tested data
- Research project files and specifications for compliance
- Analyze and respond to project submittals and RFIs under the direction of a professional engineer
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and delivering database evaluation reports at all levels from executive summaries to detailed performance reports
- Ensures projects are completed on time
- Ability to assist with public presentations
- Interface and communicate with clients
- Provide weekly progress reports to clients on project specific activities
- Perform administrative tasks where necessary
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Effective written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Strong problem-solving skills, including identifying data quality issues
- Strong organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize activities with limited supervision
- Detail minded and attention to quality
- Results oriented and able to complete tasks on deadline
- E.I.T. Required
- B.S. in Civil or mechanical Engineering Required
- Valid California Driver’s License Required
- 1-3 years of professional relevant experience required
- Master’s Degree in Engineering preferred
We work behind the scenes to make public infrastructure better, safer, and more effective. You might not see us out there with the hammer, but we work hard to help our clients make projects happen, from bridge construction to large-scale program management.
Alta Vista Solutions, an Atlas Company, provides solutions through engineering, inspection, quality management, asset management, and infrastructure services. Our team includes engineers, technicians, researchers, scientists, construction managers, and technical experts with the deep technical knowledge needed to deliver complex infrastructure projects.
Our company is built on one basic commitment: to do the right thing for our clients, our infrastructure, and our people. At our core, we’re motivated by the reward of helping our communities and getting people moving. By embracing open communication, partnership, and collaboration, we can offer respect, agility and originality to our clients and employees.
Help us improve SACC by providing feedback about this job:
Report an issue