With moderate to minimal supervision,design, code, test, and analyze software programs, websites and applications.This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying softwarespecifications throughout the production lifecycle including productionsupport. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors ina timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Develop new features for Envision/Event Management System/Meetings On Demand/Planner Portal applications.
- Communicate with the Business teams on requirement gathering, prototyping and Engage in brainstorming the UI and UX features for the requirement.
- Perform the code review of critical modules and resolve and investigate emergency production issues and setup performance benchmark for new applications and continuously monitoring it after release.
- Communicate and coordinate with project leads to understand project requirements, review resource plans, and define the scope of work.
- Provide production technical support with service-now/splunk/ssh for Envision applications and provide continuous integrations using Jira, Jekins, Stash docker, kubernetes.
- Analyze requirements to determine approach/proposed solution.
- Develop proof of concepts for new technologies and conduct acceptance analysis.
- Identify and resolve performance issues in the newly built systems and applications.
- Build, setup, and administer JBoss/Springboot/apache servers that are utilized for all applications.
- 10 years of experience in software engineering with minimum 2 years leading smaller projects with 2-5 people
- 10 years of experience in Java and Java frameworks
- 10 years of experience in requirements analysis and system design
- Experience in hospitality or travel industry will be preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or STEM field
- Preferred - Master degree in Computer Science or STEM field
Computer Skills Needed to Perform thisJob
- Java, spring framework, spring security, springboot, JPA, Hibernate, Mybatis
- SQL, Informix, PostgreSQL
- Tomcat, JBoss, Wildfly, Weblogic
- Linux, SSH, shell, Docker, Kubernetes