The Senior Quality Software DevelopmentEngineer in Test will ensure that the software development meets the desiredfunctionality according to the requirements. As a senior professional, he orshe will be responsible for performing QA/UAT, developing test plans and testscripts, and mentoring other team members.
The QA Engineer’s role is to develop andestablish quality assurance standards and measures for the informationtechnology services within the organization. This individual will also gatherand analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systemsrequirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for trackingdefects and fixes in product development, software application development,information systems, and operations systems. The QA Engineer will apply provenanalytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes throughcareful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in ITinitiatives.
Position Responsibilities / EssentialFunctions:
- Work closely with product, design, and development teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new development and enhancements
- Use Java and/or Groovy to develop, enhance, and maintain automation tests and framework libraries to verify the functionality and reliability of our software
- Hands-on experience using modern version control systems like Git and Subversion
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment tools like Jenkins and Rundeck
- Demonstrable skills in writing JUnit or TestNG tests
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure that object-oriented design best practices are followed at all times. Automation code should be easy to extend and support
- Communicate cross-functionally across management levels test progress, test results, and quality of application changes
- Track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results
- Use creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
BS in Computer Science or equivalent combinationof technical education and work experience
- At least 2-4 years of experience in developing and testing database-driven web apps or other enterprise software using test automation platforms like Selenium WebDriver and SauceLabs
- 5+ years overall QA/development experience
- Demonstrated experience in the Agile/Scrum development process.
- Demonstrated use of Java, XML, JS, CSS and HTML