Serve as the lead Product Owner forHyatt’s exciting new Hybrid Meetings & Events product suite, with ownershipof the technology strategy for such. We’re looking for a passionateexpert in the space who deeply understands the quickly evolving landscape oftools and technology, to drive a unique and differentiated offering from Hyattthat leverages the best in the space in unique and compelling ways.
Position Responsibilities / EssentialFunctions
- Serve as the lead Product Owner for Hyatt’s exciting new Hybrid Meetings & Events product suite, with ownership of the technology strategy for such. We’re looking for a passionate expert in the space who deeply understands the quickly evolving landscape of tools and technology, to drive a unique and differentiated offering from Hyatt that leverages the best in the space in unique and compelling ways.
- Develop and prioritize an evolving, Meetings & Events product roadmap (Web/Mobile) based on customer insights
- Bring the voice of the customer (internal and external) into the design and prioritization of features for websites and Web/Mobile apps
- Work collaboratively across design and engineering leads within the team to prioritize efforts aligned to the roadmap
- Ensure the development team has a thorough understanding of even the most complex requirements
- Act as a point of collaboration, ideation, contact for integration with third party vendors
- Inspect completed work against requirements, customer needs, and business needs
- Set and evangelize the desired outcomes of our hybrid meetings & events technology to lead stakeholders by; evolve and optimize features based on ongoing customer feedback and fast test-and-learn feedback loops
- Gather and evaluate competitor market segment and customer needs through market and customer research, including customer usability sessions.
- Create business cases to model the financial impact of enhancements.
- Liaise with stakeholders on an ongoing basis to communicate status, new developments, acquire buy-in, and gather feedback.
- Manage small related projects that span across business units such as Sales, Marketing, Brand, Sales, Legal, and Data Services teams, as appropriate.
- Capture feedback from users and document changes for the product backlog. Also, assist in providing clear, thorough requirements and product specifications for the backlog.
- Perform risk and issue management, documentation, escalating when necessary, communicate impacts, and take corrective action.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, and presentations at varying audience levels, including senior management.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Create presentations for Steering Committees and other leadership
- 5-7 years related experience in product management with either consumer or B2B focus
- Strong familiarity with agile development; experience working within cross-functional Agile teams
- Agile Product Manager or Scrum Master certification will be a plus
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Jira, SharePoint, and Confluence
- Solution-focused, takes initiative to ensure self and team work effectively within established guidelines
- Strong organizational, time-management and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship building and listening skills
- Effective leader who motivates and engages others through fostering a collaborative team environment
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and customers who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical skills are essential
- Excellent written / verbal communication and professional maturity
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.