Oversee the handling of all aspects ofthe global Workers Compensation claim processes assigned to the InsuranceCarrier/TPA across multiple jurisdictions including, but not limited to, claimreporting, medical management, reserving, communication, documentation,litigation, negotiations, settlement, return to work, etc.
- Serve as the primary claims management contact for adjusters, lawyers and TPAs. Be the key contact with TPAs in managing insurance claims, some of which are in litigation. Supervise the activities of the various TPA adjusters to ensure proper claim handling and control of litigation expense.
- Work with the assigned attorneys to provide direction on the best case resolution.
- Oversee the collection of discovery and other documents for claims and lawsuits
- Conduct claims reviews on a quarterly basis with the TPA adjusters to ensure the claims are progressing according to our standards. Check the adjuster files for proper evidence and a plan for case conclusion. Identify cases that should settle and work with the adjuster to settle at the earliest opportunity.
- Support Risk Management Department and Sr. Manager of Global Claims and Loss Prevention with various projects, tasks, and special assignment.
- Claims Manager will assist Sr Manager, Global Claims & Loss Prevention managing Zoom project to get best outcome of claims management consulting and claim closure services to ensure aggressive and collaborative activity to get to appropriate resolution of claims.
- Responsible for assisting Sr. Manager, Global Claims & Loss Prevention with the implementation/administrative duties with the global loss prevention program with our international partners, Safe Hotels.
- Responsible for the oversight of hotels compliance with Work Comp laws, rules and procedures
- Responsible for assurance that hotels implemented transitional or modified duty and return to work programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience in workers compensation, claims & litigation management
- Require minimal knowledge in Loss control methology and reduction of incidents
- Attention to detail to distinguish safety hazards
- Understanding of data analyze and risk assessments
- Organizational leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Travel- 20%-30%
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Computer Skills Needed to Perform thisJob
- Working knowledge of the Workers Compensation Act and other applicable state/federal statutes and regulations
- Experience Experience or training utilizing Risk Management Information Systems and working with system vendors preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Additional Comments and Requirements
- Example A: Ability and willingness to operate in a fast-paced, complex corporate environment
- Example B: Ability to travel as required on a national basis (approximately 5-10%).