The High-Reliability Software Group Leader will have a technical leadership role and management leadership responsibilities for 20+ technical staff members working on developing high-reliability software for safety-critical Systems. This group supports a variety of programs at Draper by contributing to the engineering, development, and certification of software solutions that support highly resilient real-time missions in aerospace and undersea avionics. This group is the software home for Draper’s industry-lauded Byzantine fault tolerant redundancy management architecture and has extensive experience in utilizing real-time and partitioned operating systems, middleware, and associated embedded processor technologies to achieve robust solutions for mission-critical secure and assured systems. The members of this group have responsibilities for full-lifecycle software development from concept through software release including: requirements, design, implementation, integration, test and lifecycle support. The Group Leader will mentor and develop this diverse group of individuals on the pathway to developing the next generation of software systems that we are increasingly relying on to never fail.
Experience with the following is essential: software development lifecycle, process, quality, and mission assurance; embedded RTOSs; processor architecture; and embedded system design. Specific responsibilities include: (1) oversight of the quality and execution of projects in the group, (2) personnel development and resource planning for the group, (3) the development of group's Strategic Plan, and (4) the development, growth, and maturation of the group's technical capabilities.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent with 10+ years of relevant experience in leadership for mission-critical, embedded systems applications
- Must be a self-starter and have demonstrated consistently outstanding performance in her/his career
- Ability to work within a team environment
- The desire to mentor and develop engineers at all stages of their careers
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills
- (Preferred) Previous experience in line management duties
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Current possession of security clearance preferred.