Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description:
In this role, you will be responsible for providing guidance on the conceptual design phase to ensure expected cost, schedule, constructability, and operational requirements are met. You will work with engineers in the design phase to ensure designs meet all required codes and criteria. Additionally, you will review vendors to ensure quality engineering and fabrication of structures.
- Analyze structures for complex loading conditions from wire, equipment, wind, seismic, ice, electrical, thermal and dynamic loads.
- Execute assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, root-cause evaluation, and problem solving including structural failure analysis.
- Perform advanced engineering tasks of a complex nature in design, operation, and maintenance of projects to ensure safe, reliable and cost effective facilities.
- Perform in-depth technical and economic evaluations of designs, studies, bids and specifications for projects.
- Respond to unplanned transmission system events and performs initial assessments and troubleshooting, and occasional coordination of needed resources to return equipment to service
Additional Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters Degree in Structural Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering with a concentration in structural design or structural engineering
- Three years of experience in structural engineering and design
- Familiarity with IBC, ASCE, 7, AISC, and ACI design codes and standards
- Familiarity with AUTOCAD or Microstation
- PE or EIT or the ability to obtain within one year
Employees in this role apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to broad variety of assignments and related fields. This job is responsible for evaluating, selecting, and applying standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform tasks. This position conducts analysis on system performance and reliability strategy and provides recommendations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides engineering, design and environmental support
- Tracks and reports on project negotiations and performance
- Delivers company standards, policies, training, and support of organization
- Prepares communications, presentations and provides support at meetings
- Formulates researches, and develops improvement measures
- Works with other departments within the organization to establish customer requirements and project costs
- Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements
- Ability to work extended hours
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
- Bachelor's - Engineering
- Experience:3+ years
- Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
- Master's Degree
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt