Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper’s BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we’re more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Hearst’s Enthusiast Group—Bicycling, Popular Mechanics, and Runner’s World—seeks an energetic, creative, detail-obsessed designer to focus primarily on digital design while also contributing to print, collateral materials, and all other content produced by our brands. This person will be responsible for assisting in the creation, production, and distribution of design solutions for content, with a particular aim on elevating and innovating within our OS. Duties include working with the Creative Director, design staff, and content editors to produce vivid, authentic, clear, exciting designs that engage our audience, generate interest and acclaim within and beyond our endemic community, and gain recognition and generate revenue for the brands. The ideal candidate has the ability to create photo-illustrations and original digital illustrations with an affinity for the subject matter of our brands, and is someone who can access creativity while maintaining brand guidelines throughout all materials they create.
What you'll do
- Work with the Design Director and design staff to create bold and effective designs of all types of content across all channels
- Produce all designs and original material on an aggressive budget and production schedule
- Manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
Who you are
- You have 3-5 years professional design experience (1+ digital) providing design content in a competitive and deadline-driven environment for media or other brands
- You are experienced with designing within Adobe Creative Suite and other OS
- You must possess a definitive creative vision, a high level of design sophistication, a keen eye for photography, and strong typography skills
- You have the ability to create photo-illustrations, illustrations and infographics
- You have a budget- and metric-driven personality
- You have the ability to manage feedback from multiple parties and deal with fast-changing priorities
- You must be able to work flexible hours as needed