Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest media companies in the world, but we’re more than just our magazines. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone. We engage audiences across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing how brands engage their audiences in the 21st century.
As a Temporary Strategy Manager, you will be part of the Hearst Solutions and Services group, an integrated team of iCrossing, HearstMade, and other Magazines team members that leverages the power of our first-party data and editorial expertise to provide meaningful insight, influence, and business impact for our clients. With unrivalled access to Hearst resources and expertise, an industry-leading editorial mindset solving business challenges, and a team that creates actionable content at scale, we transform customer and digital experience to significantly grow businesses and drive commerce around the world.
We are looking for a Temporary Strategy Manager to help with the development of bold strategies that help brands transform and thrive in a world that has gone digital. In this role you will assist the Strategy Lead in developing compelling visions for brands grounded in a deep understanding of business, consumers and culture while creating omni-channel programs and experiences that drive real business growth for brands. You will help identify the opportunity space for a brand’s digital transformation and initiatives as well as contribute to the development of a vision, strategic framework, actionable roadmap and solutions to deliver against the identified opportunity in the context of concrete marketing and business goals. This will include but not be limited to research and insights, business case development, competitive analysis, establishing a digital vision, digital roadmap development, future state visualizations, creative briefs, and customer journey development.
Please note: each position is for 3 months with full time hours.
Who you are
- You have 3-5 years of digital marketing and communications planning experience
- You have a strong understanding of brand, marketing and communications
- You have knowledge of digital marketing & strategy and basic digital technology capabilities
- You have experience with strategy and digital roadmap projects in a business and marketing environment
- You have experience in consumer-driven business but B2B helpful as well
- You have a good understanding of research, user-centered design principles and online consumer behavior
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You have past experience in digital transformation design and road-mapping a strong plus
- You have strong interpersonal skills and team player
- You have a bachelors degree required in Advertising & Marketing, Strategic Communications or related field
- Dynamic, passionate individual who likes to make things happen and who invigorates teams
- Storyteller who can create a compelling and well-reasoned narrative that frames the problem and its solution in an engaging and persuasive way
- Creative thinker who is able to go beyond mere observations to extract and articulate insights that open up new ways to frame and solve a problem
- Ability to help cut through clutter and complexity to create clarity and simplicity for clients & teams
- Possess a "change agent" attitude; pushing for new opportunities, approaches, ideas, perspectives, etc.