About CDS Global and Media Platforms
The Media Platforms division is Hearst’s internal product, technology and design group, which spans both CDS Global and Hearst Magazines. Go to www.mediaplatforms.hearst.com to learn more about our teams, and the brands that we serve.
CDS Global, a subsidiary of Hearst, is a business process solutions provider that uses its unique data and technology assets to support the entire consumer lifecycle of major publishers. Hearst’s world-renowned magazine portfolio includes Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping, Esquire, House Beautiful, Country Living, Harper’s BAZAAR, ELLE, Marie Claire, Car and Driver, Road & Track, Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Bicycling, Runner’s World, and many more.
As Associate Product Designer, Marketing you will join a diverse, supportive community of creatives building new experiences in digital media. You will have the opportunity to grow an end-to-end product design skillset including visual design, user experience design, user research, prototyping and presentation/interaction coding for our proprietary media platform. You will contribute to an end-to-end design process that allows you to fully understand and own your work.
What You’ll Do
- Design and maintain our marketing website, potentially including CSS implementation and animation.
- Supervise customization of our knowledge base system (help center, user docs).
- Design sales and client materials including one-pagers and sales sheets.
- Maintain deck templates and create custom presentation material.
- Design live event products.
- Ideate and execute special product-themed gifting and merchandise.
- Partner with senior team members on feature design for our media platform.
- Learn our front-end design system and work in the development environment to implement your own design work. Previous experience unnecessary - You’ll push code within your first week on the job!
- Learn design research skills including user interviews, usability testing, and design thinking methods.
Who You Are
- BA or certificate in graphic design, interaction design, digital product design, user experience, human-computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience.
- An expert eye for visual design.
- Portfolio of design work showcasing your design approach, learnings, and skills.
- Familiarity with contemporary digital product design tools and technologies. This could include Figma, Sketch, Principle, Invision, Framer, HTML, CSS, JS, and Git.
- Prefers teamwork and collaborative, interdisciplinary design practices.
- Enjoys prototyping and testing their design solutions.
- Loves to learn and try new things.
- Understands user-centered design principles.
EOE/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Pre-employment background check(s) conducted on qualified candidates.
Post-offer, pre-employment drug/health screening(s) required for some positions.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at: