Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
Director of Operations – West Coast Regional Fulfillment Center
Nike Supply Chain experts ensure that every year 900 million pieces of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right destination on time. That’s no easy task. The complex process involves more than 50 distribution centers, a network of thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores around the world. Supply Chain professionals from Laakdal, Belgium, Los Angeles to Memphis, Tennessee, make it happen. They constantly push for ways to make Nike’s supply chain faster, more efficient and more responsive to Nike’s always-changing consumer needs.
As our Director of Operations for Nike’s most recent fulfillment type, an omni-channel, multi-category facility located in Los Angeles / Ontario, CA, you will:
- Direct the development and implementation of the annual operations business plan to align with the North America Supply Chain objectives.
- Research, design and implement innovative technology, processes, and procedures that will foster improvement of the logistics operations and service.
- Educate staff on statistical methods for process and performance assessment and analyze performance data for the purpose of driving key decisions around service, operations and overall logistics.
- Select, empower, develop, and evaluate our Operations Management team, including recruitment and selection, person-to-person developmental, performance reviews, salary administration, professional/managerial training and Human Resource Process implementation.
- Build and maintain an interdependent relationship with our 3PL partner that will lead the execution of the supply chain operation in a complex and fast moving environment.
- Create and conduct high profile presentations and effectively represent distribution logistics throughout the Nike ecosystem.
- Develop and deliver structural improvements and designs for the future; while maximizing daily performance, future scalability, and growth opportunities for the business.
- Partner with Nike’s 3PL provider to receive, store, process and ship Nike footwear and apparel directly to our ecommerce customers.
- Participate in and influence Nike Supply Chain and Operations Logistics Strategy agendas from a Distribution perspective and communicate and coordinate distribution initiatives.
- Develop the annual operations budget necessary to achieve the targeted sales goals while aggressively pursuing customer service standards. In addition, you'll be accountable for achieving the annual operating budget.
What you bring to nike
- 8+ years progressive management level operational experience.
- 3PL Experience working with or in a partner model to lead the execution of supply chain business needs.
- Direct P&L / budgetary management accountability.
- Experience managing a logistics operation fulfilling ecommerce orders direct-to-consumer.
- Multi-level broad range distribution experience, preferably involving end-to-end distribution experience in a fast-paced automated facility.
- Experience with a contingent workforce, scorecards, high-performance teams and total quality is preferred.
- Experience with WMS – Manhattan preferred.
- Experience working in a big-box omni-channel environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of supply chain logistics processes including demand planning, distribution requirements planning, inventory management, manufacturing planning, material planning, inventory control, transportation and logistics planning, and market place operations.
- Knowledge of current industry best practices in supply chain management to support process improvement through LEAN distribution principles.
- Ability to build cross-functional partnerships, engage in and lead cross-functional teams and initiatives.
- A strong track record of talent recognition and development- finding and building future leaders for the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual - English and Spanish
- Footwear and Apparel Experience
- Lean or Six Sigma background with certifications
- BS of Business, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or similar degree is required
- MBA is preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key.* This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.