Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
******This Job Opening is for the Shelby Facility 5151 Shelby Drive, Memphis, TN 38118*****
Tuesday-Friday 6:00 AM-4:30 PM
Tuesday-Friday 5:00 PM-3:30 AM
Saturday-Monday 6:00 AM-6:00 PM
Saturday-Monday 6:00 PM-6:00 AM
As an Area Manager, you will lead and influence the input/output of employees' production. You will actively listen and address employees' concerns. You’ll work in harmony with the Flow Support Center in order to make the best business decisions. You’ll process multiple demands to maximize Distribution Center's output. You’ll conduct follow up meetings and be pro-active in assessing the quality of work performed by employees. You’ll provide your team with proper procedures and resources needed to attain results. You will manage your departmental budget; update Production/Status Report daily. Monitor, review and research Kronos and Control Plus reports daily to assure the accuracy of your team production records and paychecks. Maintain high level of floor presence in order to direct the flow of work and make the necessary movement of the team. You’ll counsel employees on conflicting issues while interacting with HR for best solutions and documenting results. Also you’ll attend workflow meetings to plan strategy, discuss pertinent information and share best practices with teammates.
- Bachelor’s degree or a related discipline and at least 3 years management experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment; or an additional 2 years in lieu of a degree is preferred
- 3 plus years of experience managing employees required
- Working knowledge of automated distribution systems, departmental budgets, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- PC skills required, experience with Excel, Word, SAP, DCMS and Kronos would be a plus.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills, attentive to details, work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines required.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to work as a team member, handle confidential matters in a professional manner, and lead and influence others to accomplish operational objectives.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills, ability to embrace and promote others' ideas, motivate employees, build and maintain working relationships and stay focused.
- Must understand and foster a diverse workforce.
- Able to work overtime with little or no notice before or after scheduled shift.
- Must have ability to access all areas of the warehouse and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key.* This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.