Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
*Located in Converse Distribution Center in Ontario, CA*
Shift - This role may be first or second shift, candidates must be flexible with either shift to be considered.
Job Summary: As a supervisor you will manage the flow of merchandise. Maximize resources to ensure your team has what they need to be successful. Demonstrate the ability to lead/empower/motivate a team to meet the rapidly changing demands of the customer. Monitor departmental Key Performance Indicators and make sure the team is achieving or exceeding department goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business support staff.
- Meets with other members of supervision and management to focus on continual improvement processes.
- Manages the effective movement of merchandise, minimizing handling and downtime.
- Creates a safe workplace for team members and emphasizes safe workplace behaviors.
- Sustain lean initiatives throughout the facility.
- Sets priorities to employees to meet daily deadlines, develops plans to meet short-term objectives.
- Is accountable for the performance of the team.
- Prepares and conducts annual employee appraisals/reviews.
- Hires, develops, trains, and engages a professional team of associates.
- Ability to adapt to business demand.
- Makes decisions guided by policies, procedures, and own business plan that impact the efficiency and effectiveness of own unit and other units with interrelated processes.
- Develops productive working relationships with other supervisors, corporate and local associates.
- Conduct internal audits of best business practices and process changes.
- Accepts and performs additional assignments as directed by Managers.
- Maintain high level of floor presence in order to direct the flow of work and make the necessary movement of the team.
- Provides team with proper procedures and resources needed to attain results.
- Monitor departmental KPIs and goals.
Qualifications - External
- College degree in related field preferred
- 3 years' experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment
- 2 years' previous supervisory experience
- Experience with WMS and Excel
- Critical thinking skills
- Word, Access, PowerPoint and SAP are preferred
- Strong problem solving/decision making skills
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be dedicated, with a high degree of integrity
- Demonstrates future vision and continual improvement of processes and people
- Ability to perform in high pressure situations
- Must be able to pick up boxes weighing up to 50 lbs
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate with various levels of the organization. Bilingual is a plus.
Reasoning Ability: Must exhibit sufficient problem-solving skills to address issues that may arise concerning operational and staffing issues.
Work Environment: Must be able to perform in warehouse environment with moderate noise level and continuous exposure to mobile heavy equipment.
Other Preferred Job Qualifications: Flexibility to work first or second shift and weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key.* This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.