State Street desires to employ a Senior Incident Response (IR) Manager to oversee a team of Cyber Incident Responders for all cyber threats escalated from the Security Operations Center (SOC), Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI), Threat Hunt, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Red Team, Vulnerability Management, Insider Threat, and infrastructure teams. In this role, the IR Manager will be responsible for maintaining the Global Cyber IR Program while adhering to all regulatory requirements of the program. Communication skills, both verbal and oral, critical thinking, and attention to detail are essential skills needed to function properly in this role while maintaining communication with senior executives during and following major cyber incidents. The IR Manager must also support and attend table top cyber preparedness exercises. Required to be on call and maintain an on call schedule for the team enabling a 24x7 response operation.
What you will be responsible for
As the Cyber Incident Manager you will:
- Lead a team of incident responders supporting all cyber incidents for State Street, subs, and affiliates
- Update and maintain the Cyber Security Incident Response Plan (CSIRP) annually and as needed
- Maintain and develop Cyber Incident Playbooks and coordination of exercise program
- Work with the SOC, CTI, Threat Hunt, Red/Blue/Purple team, and Vulnerability Management teams to respond to and investigate activity as escalated
- Develop and maintain forensic capability to support fusion operations
- Maintain executive communications during and following major incidents; must document all aspects of each response
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Extensive understanding of the incident response process, cyber threats to the financial sector, and the State Streets business
- Thorough understanding of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) to aid in response to current and future threats
- Expertise in forensic and eDiscovery tools as well as chain of custody
- Strong ability to react quickly and efficiently under pressure while thinking creatively about the goals and objectives of the actors
- Demonstrated experience of managing remote teams to encompass global operations
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 10+ years of related experience
- Undergraduate degree (B.S, B.A) in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field
- Desired to have CISM, GIAC, CEH, CISSP, or other equivalent certification
- Must maintain ability to support on-call operations
- May be provided with corporate phone to support on-call activities
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers