What Your Job Will Be Like
Are you a highly motivated, team-oriented individual with a passion for national security? Do you dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to solve challenging issues in support of security activities? If so, you could be the Deployed Security Professional (DSP) or High Risk Embedded Security Professional we are seeking. The selected candidate could be assigned to either role. Our DSPs and HRESPs partner with internal customers to identify and implement practical solutions for the protection and control of sensitive and classified information.
On any given day you may be called upon to:
- Maintain a functional understanding of the work performed by your assigned customer groups and develop tailored security strategies to address programmatic needs while maintaining compliance.
- Develop and implement local procedures, processes and security related resources specific to the needs of the organization.
- Develop, present and coordinate group specific security training and briefings.
- Act as a liaison between security subject matter experts and customer organizations to integrate security requirements with mission needs.
- Serve as the single point of contact for all security related questions and concerns.
- Assist managers in addressing security incidents and assessment findings by conducting Root Cause Analyses and coordinating corrective actions.
Qualifications We Require
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of relevant experience; or equivalent.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a DOE-Q level security clearance.
Qualifications We Desire
- Active DOE Q-clearance or Top Secret security clearance.
- Knowledge of Sandia, US Department of Energy, or Department of Defense security-related policies, practices, and procedures.
- Experience working with classified and/or sensitive information and the ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Experience performing work in a rigorous regulatory environment including interpreting and applying regulations.
- Proven ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely (verbally & written) and to work effectively as a team member.
- Strong customer focus and the ability to work with a diverse customer base.
- Proven technical writing skills with a focus in the development and implementation of operating policies, processes, and procedures that convey critical information to a diverse audience.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to meet customer needs by exercising judgment, critical thinking, and initiative to solve problems and achieve results with minimal direction and supervision.
About Our Team
The Security Programs and Planning organization is a diverse team of security professionals who collaborate to implement effective and efficient security services and solutions to ensure the protection of national security assets. Our organization has responsibility for Classification, Classified Matter Protection and Control, Personnel Security, Badging, Security Incident Management, and Deployed Security support.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
- Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
- World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.